Well A cumulative BOE increased by 174%
Well B cumulative BOE increased by 12%
- Austin Chalk A and B wells are open-hole completions in Frio County, Texas.
- Well A was producing 3 BOPD pre-treatment.
- Austin Chalk A and B wells were remediated with ~1,200 gallons of nanoActiv® HRT blend pushed by 1,000 MSCF of N₂.
- Post-treatment, the production increased to an average of 6 BOPD for 90 days. As of February 2020, Well A is producing 4 BOPD*.
- Well B was producing 7 BOPD and 70 MCFD pre-treatment.
- Post-treatment, oil production remained at 7 BOPD but gas production increased to an average of 90 MCFD for 90 days. As of February 2020, approximately 1,000 days post-treatment, Well B is producing 5 BOPD and 40 MCFD, returning back to the trendline decline curve.*
- The variability in the results for wells A and B was directly linked to the dosage of nanoActiv® and gas the well received, relative to the treatment area. Analysis showed that Well B received a much lower dosage of treatment relative to the treatment area compared to Well A.**
* Data sourced from DrillingInfo.com
** More details related to Wells A and B can be found in AICHE paper: Improved Oil Recovery (IOR) Method for Unconventional Reservoirs with a next Generation Huff-and-puff Treatment Combining Gas with Nanoparticles for Enhancing Recovery